Georg Baum wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

My idea would be to cache the translated text instead of translating
each time updateLabels() is called. But I am not sure I can do that on
untranslatable layouts.

They are not different than the translatable ones. The only problem I can
imagine is that the cache could get out of date if somebody changes the
layout file.

Do you mean in the Document settings? If yes, then we just need to reset the cache when this is changed.

Another idea would be to translate the layout on first loading and use
that later on. Then we could continue to support untranslatable layouts.

That would be problematic since the translation depends on the buffer
language. But if you introduce a cache at buffer level it should work.

Problem is that a single Buffer can presents multiple languages as explained in the other part of the thread.

I am not sure I got everything right so please explain me.

I hope it is clear now.

Clearer yes, thanks.

Abdel.