Last week we discussed how to include the menu language setting to lyxrc. I
think this would be an
improvement because then we could get rid of the lyx.bat file that is currently
used to start LyX on
Windows.

lyx.bat calls lyx.exe, sets temporarily the language environment variable and
the environment
variable for Aiksaurus.

Now I implemented in the installer that Aiksaurus is registered as standalone
program. The installer
sets the needed environment variable.
This has unfortunately the disadvantage that invoking the thesaurus, when LyX
is started the first
time directly after the installation, it crashes. This crash occurs because the
Aiksaurus data
couldn't be found. This is because the environment variable was set via the
registry and Windows
always needs some time to accept this change.

Has anybody of the Windows people an idea? (Enrico?)

besides this problem, lyx.bat is now only:

@echo off
SET LANG=de_DE
start "LyX" "lyx.exe" %*

So Abdel, if you could apply your patch to set the language in lyxrc, lyx.bat
can go.

regards Uwe

Btw., I uploaded my installer source code to SVN under
\development\Win32\packaging\LyXWinInstaller