Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 10:56:25AM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

"Enrico" == Enrico Forestieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
@echo off SET LANG=de_DE start "LyX" "lyx.exe" %*
Enrico> Are you aware that the console hiding code is no more in
Enrico> place, such that using a lyx.bat doesn't hide the cmd window
Enrico> anymore?

And I guess this also means that people who preferred to have two
lyx.bat files for two languages, cannot do it anymore.

There was a hidecmd.c wrapper in development/Win32 to hide the console
window without any flashing.

I don't know if anything changed in this domain recently but if I set the SubSystem to "Windows (/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS)" as opposed to "Console (/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE)" I don't see anymore the flashing console.

Peter?

Its purpose, once renamed as lyx.exe, was
to launch the real lyx, named lyxc.exe, but it would also let specify a
series of env variables to be set (like the unix env command). This means
that the user could have set different shortcuts for different languages,
for example. Apart the non-flashing cmd window, its advantage over a batch
file would be the possibility to embed an icon in it.

What is the problem of embedding the icon into the lyx.exe executable directly?

Abdel.