On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 01:33:31AM +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> Now I implemented in the installer that Aiksaurus is registered as standalone
> program. The installer
> sets the needed environment variable.
> This has unfortunately the disadvantage that invoking the thesaurus, when LyX
> is started the first
> time directly after the installation, it crashes. This crash occurs because
> the Aiksaurus data
> couldn't be found. This is because the environment variable was set via the
> registry and Windows
> always needs some time to accept this change.
>
> Has anybody of the Windows people an idea? (Enrico?)

Do you mean that you directly set the variable in HKCU\Environment?
Instead, why don't you try setting the path to the Aiksaurus directory
through "HKCU\Software\Aiksaurus\Data Path" (according to the patch in
development/Win32/patches)?

> besides this problem, lyx.bat is now only:
>
> @echo off
> SET LANG=de_DE
> start "LyX" "lyx.exe" %*

Are you aware that the console hiding code is no more in place, such
that using a lyx.bat doesn't hide the cmd window anymore?

--
Enrico