[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I think we probably should supply a minimal installer for LyX, i.e. something that installs the LyX application and nothing else.

note that joost's installer basically works like this by skipping the download of the components...

Experts might use it for this reason, but not many other Windows users. Under these assumptions, I'd say the minimal installer will not be used very often,

i would say that this would happen very often since people will update lyx more often than they install it for the 1st time.

The kind of installer I expect almost everyone would use is a bundle installer that installs the LyX application as well as a bunch of other useful applications.

not so sure, i think that many (most?) people who install (try out) lyx for the 1st time will be latex users and will have miktex already installed, for them there is no point in downloading it again...

what is wrong with having a dowloading and bundled installer from the same source (ie joost's)?