Richard> This is wrong. updateLabels() IS called from
Richard> LFUN_CAPTION_INSERT. But it is NOT called after the caption
Richard> itself is edited. So you get the same problem if you change
Richard> an existing caption and then view the navigation menu or, for
Richard> that matter, the TOC.

Richard> The way to solve this might be to put some appropriate code
Richard> into InsetCaption::notifyCursorLeaves(). I tried this but
Richard> don't have anything that works. (Mostly, I cause crashes.) In
Richard> fact, however, this won't quite work anyway, because
Richard> notifyCursorLeaves() doesn't seem to be called if the cursor
Richard> leaves the inset via keyboard navigation, though it is called
Richard> if you move the cursor out with the mouse. That seems wrong,
Richard> i.e., it seems like a bug.

Richard> Now, my sense from the comment in Inset.h is that
Richard> notifyCursorLeaves() wasn't really intended as this kind of
Richard> hook. But it is used this way in mathed/InsetMathHull.cpp,
Richard> where it's used to call do the preview.

notifyCursorleave is mostly working in mathed. I do not remember the
specifics of how it works, sorry. I would think it should be done at
the same place dEPM is triggered.