[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Are aspell dictionaries the only thing that we should provide?
Are there and components used by the downloading installers that we should provide a (backup) location for?

Only Aspell is used on Windows.

If it's more then aspell dictionaries, how about a directory tree that looks something like this:

* contrib/
** windows/
*** aspell/
**** 6.0/    (dictionaries for aspell6.0)
*** ? what else might there be?

The version number of the dictionary format (6) is already in the name. If there would ever be a new Aspell version with a different dictionary format (which is very unlikely), the dictionaries will be uploaded to ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/contrib/aspell7-windows/

Joost