> The update button works in the official installer (view creates a new window,
update reloads all
> windows). If you use the same PDF viewing method, there will be no problems.

As discussed shere some weeks ago, your solution is not suitable. You check every 500ms if the PDF has been chaged by pressing the Update button. That means a program is running all the time and needs resources. In the end of May I spent some time together with a Vista user that emailed me about this topic and we created a new method of viewing the PDFs. This new program is Vista ready and in since RC1. Since then I didn't get a complain and I'm very hapy that this long standing problematic issue is solved.

So I don't care any longer about this button. Having one button that automatically decides what to do and where a program is only run when needed and not peranently, is an advantage.

The user btw. mentioned that your version is not Vista compatible - but I saw that you changed something there the last days.

regards Uwe