Le 3 juil. 07 à 18:01, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :

Mael Hilléreau wrote:
Is somebody already working on this?

No. We're in feature freeze.

Yes, but I didn't mean in the scope of 1.5.0.

Should I file an enhancement
request?

Yes. But please do separate requests for the object-edit lfun and for context
menus (if te latter is not yet filed).

Done: bug #3975.

I wasn't able to find any other bug dealing with context menus.

I think that closing the dialog isn't so unexpected, as when you click on the edit button, you know that the focus will go to a new window. I firstly also thought that such a behavior would be surprising, but perhaps if you test it, you'll observe that it is quite natural. Jürgen, note that if one wants to edit the graphics properties when coming back to LyX window, it's very quick: just click once on the graphic preview.

As a consequence, this behavior could be IMO a good solution until a context menu is developed (if this happens one day...).

Mael.