On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 04:31:55PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Enrico> It seems that once you have used AddFontResource to add a font
> Enrico> file, you have no choice and cannot move them from the
> Enrico> original position, otherwise they will not be found. I am
> Enrico> really disgusted.
>
> Until you reboot, right?

No, and this is most astonishing, the thing seems to survive a reboot.
I tried to find whether the info is stored in the registry, but could
not find anything.

However, I investigated further and it turned out that what I said
occurs on Vista but it does not occur on Win2k. Don't know about XP.

> Might it be that we do not remove the font
> where we should?

We use RemoveFontResource at exit, but I don't know to what avail.

> With Qt4.2, we can also use QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qfontdatabase.html#addApplicationFont

Maybe this one would work. Anyway, if anybody can check whether WinXP
behaves as Win2k, it seems to be a Vista related problem.

--
Enrico