Baruch Even <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On 5 Jul 2000, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
|
| > | How exactly this should be done? I'm thinking of the following:
| > | In encoding.h (or elsewhere):
| > |   typedef short int Uchar;
| > |   typedef std::vector<Uchar> Ustring;
| >
| > This is not enough, we also need to create char_traits<Uchar>
| > (also that is bad... be want to use the basic_string to make strings,
| > not std::vector)
|
| If we consider a move to unicode in the base code it might be a good idea
| to take a look at ustring which is a GPL implementation of a string class
| which uses unicode characters.

No, I _really_ don't like that. It seems that s just forgets that
there is something called char_traits and basic_string.

The interface to ustring also seems to be very different from the
basic_string interface.

The nice thing is the regex support (even if it seems to be a bit
simplistic).

| name, bidirectional category, etc.). It provides an stl-compliant wide
| string class

...is claimed... as far as I can see this is just not true.

This lib could get to where we want it to be with a little help...

        Lgb