Martin Vermeer wrote:
On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 01:03:16PM +0200, Dov Feldstern wrote:
 Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

You are clearly underestimating the required effort and
the maintainance nightmare of a font based solution. UI is important
yes but having developers understand the source code is also important
in an open source project.
I do not think that the current font range implementation cause lots
of problems.
I really think the way fonts are used in LyX is *really* complicated and caused us lots of problem in the past.
Can you give examples of this? (Serious question --- I haven't found this to be the case, I've actually found it to work well.)

The font-related RTL business and the boundary stuff is far far from easy. Look at the different getFont() method and you will see how this stuff is complicated.

Change tracking. Initially it was crippled and very limited,
then I partly un-crippled it, and then Michael put in _a lot_
of effort to iron all the bugs out and instill some sanity.

I have done this (or a small part of this) and implemented
new insets, and I can tell you what I found easier ;-)

That's my rationale too.

(Unfortunately insets are no good for CT)

Because CT is character oriented. I know that there is 'char' in charstyle' but This whole discussion is

Abdel.