John Levon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Isn't 'natural' usually better? These things feel like atoms,
>> and inset-ness supports that. Not a big thing but anyway.
>
> I don't believe that people will think it's natural that selection jumps
> across an entire (say) <firstname>.

When using using word (but not Oo.o), the selection jumps from word to
word as soon as you are selecting more than one word. This is a feaure
that I do not find annoying myself.

So two points:

- selecting a whole entity at a time is nice in some cases (but in
  word you can move the mouse back to get a finer selecting behaviour)

- it can be done with character ranges :)