Martin Vermeer wrote:

The attached tries to do this. The lower corners will be drawn
also when the cursor is just in front or behind the inset.

Unfortunately this doesn't work right, because of the
way LyX renders stuff: if you move the cursor left or right,
nothing will get re-rendered. When you move out of/into the
inset, re-rendering happens, but when moving from neighbour
to non-neighbour position (or the reverse) nothing happens.

I see no easy solution to this. Abdel?

We already have a detection mechanism that check for any collapsable inset next to the inset (C-i), we just have to do this check any time the keyboard cursor is moved. Then if a "mouse hoverable" inset is detected close by, trigger the mouse hover rendering.

(BTW there is also a real bug when miving the cursor up or down out of a charstyle
inset.)

Which one?

Abdel.