On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 06:58:44PM +0300, Martin Vermeer wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 03:56:59PM +0200, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> >  Martin Vermeer wrote:
> >
> > > The attached tries to do this. The lower corners will be drawn
> > > also when the cursor is just in front or behind the inset.
> > > Unfortunately this doesn't work right, because of the
> > > way LyX renders stuff: if you move the cursor left or right,
> > > nothing will get re-rendered. When you move out of/into the
> > > inset, re-rendering happens, but when moving from neighbour
> > > to non-neighbour position (or the reverse) nothing happens.
> > > I see no easy solution to this. Abdel?
> >
> >  We already have a detection mechanism that check for any collapsable inset
> >  next to the inset (C-i), we just have to do this check any time the
> > keyboard
> >  cursor is moved. Then if a "mouse hoverable" inset is detected close by,
> >  trigger the mouse hover rendering.
>
> OK, I'll try figure it out.

Doesn't look quite straightforward. We don't want to toggle,
just to refresh the rendering -- and not only from the location
next to the inset, but also the next one. This is going to
look like a hack and we've had enough of those.

Would it be an idea to always refresh the row the cursor is
on? Even for operations, like cursor keys, that have been
marked for Noop. It was that way in the wide() era ;-) and
makes lots of things more robust at limited cost (I think).

- Martin