Uwe Stöhr schrieb:
> Question: Is it really desirable to change dialogs which each major release? Why can't we get them > right at the very first time?

In this case where the dialog now has 4 options, not 2 as before - Yes.
Good point :-)
In general, in my opinion, many dialogs should be revised. Take for example the table dialog.
You are right, the table dialog should be revised. However, we have seen changes in the past (citation + reference dialogs) that were somehow reverted again later.

Michael

PS: I hope you didn't take my comment personally. It was meant as a general comment on LyX evolution.