> Crash report are welcome but they should be accompanied with a recipe
> to reproduce and a backtrace if possible. Backtraces are obtained by
> running LyX within gdb and type 'bt' when a crash occurs.

I know about the importance of recipes to reproduce a crash, but for
this one I simply do not have one available. I cannot reproduce this
crash and I also did not yet run gdb at that time. But I will do so in
future. Thanks for that hint!
However, the strange marking behaviour is there all the time. Is nobody
else having this? It is not bounded to the mouse, though. Almost always
(or say in three of two cases) when I mark an eqn-array, the lines above
and below are also marked and the equation itself becomes invisible. Do
you also need a backtrace for this? Or can you reproduce it yourself?
-Sebastian

believed to be clean.