>  OK then. To be frank, I did not manage to read all the threads as
>  carefully as may be necessary.

Now, at least we are talking about the same problem, but just to
clarify, do you also care about information leak from relative paths
../../girlfriends/sally/image.png, or even in tree files such as
girlfriends/sally/image.png?

>  So all you do is remember the source of a bundled file if is is
>  outside of document directory, right? In this case I agree with Jose
>  that remembering it in lyx session stuff makes more sense, since it
>  allows to have a different place for the external file in each user
>  setting, which is in the end much more configurable that what you
>  propose. And then there is no question about translating absolute
>  path names between different architectures.

1. Exactly what is the problem of remembering the source of a bundled
file? If a user uses it, it is his choice.

2. If you simply can not accept such a filename in .lyx file, you
should disable it for all insets.

3. The filename is functional in my proposal. It is useful information
that would assist unbundling on local or another machine.

4. Using this filename information to code inzipName is the easiest
solution to avoid file conflict so the information will be there
anyway. For example, if I insert /var1/file and /var2/file, I would
code them as LyX.Embed.Abs/var1/file and LyX.Embed.Abs/var2/file. The
importance of using a unique (but OS dependent) inzipName coding
scheme is that when the same file is inserted, I know it is embedded
so I will not embed the same file twice.

Cheers,
Bo