> > I do not agree with this. Most of the code complexity comes from the
> > bundle-editing mode. If the file is automatically unbundled, at least
> > there is no need for EmbeddedFiles in InsetBibtex.
> >

>  Well, that's what I had in mind: No need for that machinery in the insets.

On the other hand, EmbeddedFile is derived from DocFilename, and
simply replaces it in places such as InsetGraphicsParams. InsetBibtex
is actually the only case where the original code was changed heavily.
The code may be difficult to get right in the bundle-editing mode, but
should work just like DocFilename if the document is not in bundled
mode. That is to say, if you do not like bundle-editing mode, do not
use it and your life will be as simple as before.

Cheers,
Bo