Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> writes:

| Lars Gullik Bj?nnes wrote:
>>
>> As part of job related work I am investigating and using git quite a
>> lot. I wondered if some of you might be interrested in testing out using
>> git when doing LyX development. (For all I know several of you already
>> are...)
>
| i use git as main tool when working on lyx and i know i'm not alone (iirc
Stefan was
| using it as well and i remember Abdel was talking about git too...).

Goodie.

>> If there are interest I'll try to setup a git tree that you can clone and set
>> up as a git-svn tree.  (I'll even write up a wiki page to explain briefly how
>> to do that.)
>
| this is already done on git.or.cz, though not under our control (yet:)
| skeleton of the wiki page is already done too.

That looked just like a mirror, and the wiki seemed to lack info on how
to turn that into a git-svn clone?

| something more is imho needed only in case we want officially switch to git
| repo (do we?).

I do not agree completely. If we are going to switch (and personally I
think we should), you/we need to get more feel for how to use git.
And even if some lyx devvies already use git, I think all (or close to)
should try it out. And I think when we try it out we should try to get
the best possible experience out of it.
(And imo that means an officialy set up git repo that is created for
this purpose in the way we imagine it would be done if we really made
the switch (proper svn.authorsfile f.ex.))

| personally i'm in favour of our own box like aussie in the past
| compared to sf solutions etc. although there is the problem that we do not
have
| any admin wanting to manage it there are many advantages of such dedicated
| machine.

I'd like you to name some... I only know of a few and as of current they
seem to be of very little importance. I belive the benefit of not having
to handle the daily (or yearly) churn of chores is a really good thing.

--
    Lgb