Abdelrazak Younes schreef:
Dear LyX developers,

I just received a new sponsorship from Beslist.nl (700 €). The only thing they asked in exchange was to put a link to their news item for a minimum of three years. I thought the deal was fair and the news text is OK (http://www.beslist.nl/nieuws/82.html). Maybe I should write some text saying that the citation in the donation page will stay there for three years minimum.

Anyway, I think this is quite good news for LyX that commercial companies are interested in sponsoring LyX. The other sponsorship of this kind was of ten dollars or so from Broadcast Equipment Ltd, so it does not count much.
It is good news if they are really interested and supportive of LyX and not if they just want their name to be on a highly visited website, who knows ?

Serious question: would they have sponsored this project if their name would have appeared on the website for a general donation ? Maybe we should add the names of the general donators too, to attract companies to make a general donatino too and to accumulate some money for the whole project and/or for all developers in one way or the other.

I accepted the inline spellchecker task but if anybody is interested in the doc comparison task, I'll gladly gives the money. I know that Vincent has started to think about it already. If I manage to have some free time in the coming month, I would for sure try to implement the feature.
Yes, I would really like to step in right now and indeed I've been thinking about it for a while. Besides, the bugs are running out anyway. It would also be nice if I could construct a somewhat larger feature to have something to be proud of.

Abdel.

Vincent