Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> As most of us agreed that eLyXer should be integrated

i can't believe my eyes :) we must read some different lyx-devel list. there
was _no_ such agreement, on contrary some people settled, that unless html
output is done in a more complete way we shouldn't ship it together with lyx.

> 1. the license of eLyXer need to be uniform with LyX's license (GPL v2 not
> v3)

not in the case of the detecion.

> 2. eLyXer should get a more explicit name like lyx2html

ditto

> 3. we need to find a suitable location, under
>    lib/scripts/lyx2html
>    or
>    lib/lyx2html
>    or
>    lib/lyx2lyx/lyx2html

ditto

> 4. we need two HTML output formats to distinguich between tex4ht and eLyXer
> -> I have implemented this now as "html2"

this was already done with my previous code and the ui was not poluted
by html2 entry when somebody didn't have elyxer installed.

> I think that's it.
>
> Concerning the current status of eLyXer, it is much better than tex4ht in
> the test I made as it can process nearly every file I have while tex4ht
> silently dies with 50% of my documents, especially with the LyX manuals.

my short test showed completely different picture. even such basic things
like fractions and greek symbols in math didn't work. pictures were not
displayed at all (i sent the problems privately to Alex before.)

to make test on manuals is pointless since elyxer was tested on them
by default i guess, so no surprise it works.

> Even if eLyXer (lyx2html) might not be ready for LyX 2.0 we can disable it
> by commenting out 2 lines in configure.py.

i dont understand why you dont discuss such things in thread in which it
belongs to.

//friday begins...

for the administrative part, you are again committing without a single question
code (which needs the discussion).

i have asked you numerous times whether you can settle on the simple policy for
asking before committing, but when you ignore it and request for reverting
leads usually to the void, i will revert it myself.

really don't like doing this and i feel we should cooperate instead, but i have
no clue what else should i do. sorry.

pavel