Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> >> No it was not. What you did was detecting eLyXer but this is not
> necessary
> >> when it is integrated.
> >
> > which we haven't agreed upon

anyway lets turn this into something more constructive -
could the people involved write clearly their standpoint now,
when i guess all the arguments and (possible) plans in the previous thread
have been given ?

i'm now inclined to the Richard's point of view, that we shouldn't include
it by default.

> My problem with the discussion in this thread is that it focuses on the
> current state of eLyXer. But why is that important? eLyXer is not yet ready
> for branch of course, but lets integrate it in trunk and make it better.

my intention was to ask Juergen for inclusion of this detection in branch too,
once we check it on other plaftorms. this way elyxer would get more feedback
from intersted users even in 1.6.

----
the nitpicking part for Uwe:
> Am I blind?:

> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg150471.html

yes thats the Abdel's mail i was refering to.

> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg150473.html

just to cut out ... "Integration with lyx2lyx is a must IMO
I am all for inclusion of this program, although I have not
looked at the source (and would not be able to comment on it)."

and first next message from
"I don't see how this is possible. I have looked at the code..."
from Richard...

> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg150476.html

"In any case, it might be a good idea to integrate it a bit more in one way
or the other"

"in any case ..." i read as "if it is included or not"

> There is no binary for Windows and Mac, while the Python file works on all
> platforms.

there is no binary for linux either. just look into the directory - "elyxer"
is normal python script and the documentation says to use this script.
i have not checked whats the relation to src/elyxer.py but they are aparently
different.

> You introduced a format called "elyxhtml" while the real format is "html"
> (the aim of eLyXer is to creat valid html code following the html
> standards).

well, one can't have one target for different outputs and the naming of the
target is quite arbitrary. if you strive for "html2" instead of "elyxhtml"
no problem for me. i have chosen this just to mimic the way we have "wordhtml"
in configure.py now.

> I don't understand the concerns. Why can the code not be in our SVN, that
> makes it so much easier to work on eLyXer (lyx2html) to get the lyx2lyx
> integration we need?

see Richard's mails in the previous thread.

>My experience that having the code in SVN helps a lot,

not to mention the fairy tales about commiting access for other people;
just today we have third developer (Georg) without commit access ;)

> What? It was very late yesterday due to two deadlines I had. When I came
> home I checked out the sources, had a quick look at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/maillist.html, found
> nothing and quickly corrected what I thought was a bug. (OK
> http://www.mail-archive.com sometimes has a delay of several hours.)

which is a good reason to ask before reverting strange code. i run out of my
nerve at the morning since its recurring issue, and i will probably run out
again, so sorry beforehand :)

pavel