Pavel Sanda wrote:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg150476.html
>
> "In any case, it might be a good idea to integrate it a bit more in one way
> or the other"
>
> "in any case ..." i read as "if it is included or not"

Yes, this is what I meant.

Let me a bit more clear: I think eLyXer (although I have not really tried it
myself) is a great initiative, LyX users already love it, although it is still
quite young. Alex proved to be very responsive to all feedback and requests.
Therefore, I think we should aim at making the cooperation between LyX and
this tool as smooth as possible. One key requirement, though, on the eLyXer
side, would be version awareness (i.e., lyx2lyx awareness).

As others (and, apparently, Alex himself), I'm not really sure merging into
the LyX source would be the best way. This means we would always have to take
care about eLyXer for releases, and this _might_ become problematic in times
when Alex does not have time for the project and when no other developers care
for the code.

What we should do:

* recognize eLyXer as a HTML converter (already done, AFAICS)
* communicate whether both in eLyXer or LyX, something could be improved to
make their cooperation easier

What we could do (given that Alex supports this idea):

* provide a separate eLyXer branch in our SVN for its development
* distribute eLyXer as a separate tool via our infrastructure (and hence make
clear it is a tool we support)

Jürgen