On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Baruch Even wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While setting up my new computer I've upgraded the compiler from the
> distributions egcs 1.1.2 to AthlonGCC 2.95.3, the AthlonGCC is a patch
> over the PGCC 2.95.3 which is a patch against GCC 2.95.2. The PGCC is a
> pentium optimized version of GCC and AthlonGCC is an Athlon optimized
> version.
>
> I'm having troubles to compile LyX with the AthlonGCC, this troubles are
> avoided if I use the plain EGCS from the distribution. The first place it
> falls on is my own translator.h but I'm unable to understand the reason
> for the failure.

let me guess - parse error where it says Map::const_iterator ?
Try it without -pedantic, it should work fine. I have some interesting
experience with CVS gcc, which I shall post about soon.

> I wanted to know if users of GCC 2.95.2 (the base for the AthlonGCC) have
> any such troubles compiling LyX? I'm using the --enable-assertions
> --enable-warnings configure options.

I have yet to be able to compile with 2.95.2 - internal compiler error at
a specific point (forget which). Hence my attempt to use CVS gcc

john

--
"Take the ideas you find useful. Try not to get hung up on the labels."
        - Jonathan S. Shapiro