On 03/05/2010 01:58 PM, Pavel Sanda wrote:
Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
lets start landing towards 2.0.
That's what we call a "flying start"...
i'm not sure who is this "we"; from the last discussions about release
plans it looked like that more devs thought we are already late and
particularly can't remember anybody claiming we should wait little bit
longer. if its not the case then sorry and lets discuss the stages
a little bit more.

Preliminary dates for the stage beginning:
Alpha - next week if possible
Did we leave the instability period that was expected due to:
- threaded export,
- movements of code in the dispatch machinery,
- insetdialog changes,
- insetTabular changes.

These were quite intrusive changes not that long ago. I understand the
alpha release doesn't have to be perfect, but there are now a lot of
crashes introduced in recent work, so I don't think it's the time to
'release' anything. There are now a number of very very embarassing bugs
that I don't want to see in the alpha release:
* 6578, 6564, 6522 ...
is it that you are against anything to be released out or that
you are uncomfortable with 'alpha' naming? the problems listed
do not look like showstoppers to me.

I'd like to see 6522 fixed before alpha, but only because it will catch a lot of people.

FYI, I see it with Qt 4.6.2, as well, so it's something about the switch to 4.6.x.

Richard