On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 04:17:00PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:

> > - Changing color of background or foreground, for example, doesn't have any
> >   result in LyX when I hit apply. Although the color does stay selected in
> > the color form.
>
> Well, changing the GUI colors SHOULD work. (GUI_background, GUI_text,
> GUI_selection/push_button).

Didn't work. (I assume the Preferences form should change colors, and it
doesn't, even if I close & reopen.)

> If you are having problems changing the colors of
> the LyX objects, then this is probably because you don't have a document open
> when you're trying to "Apply" the changes. Try it again with a document open.

I do have a new document with a bit of typing in it open.

> This bug has also been fixed.

Some really weird stuff is going on, though.

I do the following:

    src/lyx .../splash.lyx
    Edit->Preferences (Look and Feel-> Screen Fonts form shows up)
    Close
    Edit->Preferences (Look and Feel-> Screen Fonts form shows up)
    select Colors

There are twice as many LyX objects! That is, the order of objects was

    GUI background
    GUI text
    GUI pushbutton
    GUI background
    GUI text
    GUI pushbutton

followed by

    background
    foreground
    button background
    background
    foreground
    button background

I can make more copies of the LyX objects by re-closing/opening Preferences.
(Note that in the example above, I didn't select the Colors form until the
second time I opened Preferences.) I assume this isn't supposed to happen.
Note that the colors list in that box doesn't get duplicated.

I guess maybe the new objects' colors are changed, but the old objects are
still the same, so I don't see any results. Or something.

> (As an aside, if you have lots of dialogs open, change the GUI colors and hit

I've only got the main window & preferences open.

> Saving your changes will result in two new files in your .lyx directory,
> preferences and preferences.xform (if you've changed any GUI colors). Have a
> look at them, they aren't scary! Your old lyxrc file is not overwritten, so
> don't worry about losing your special configuration. Subsequently running lyx
> will load the new preferences file not the old lyxrc file but you can always
> delete it if you're not happy.

OK, maybe.

> >> - Browsing to find .../american.kmap and hitting apply has no effect. The
> >   american.kmap disappears, the radio button is reset, and the special keys
> > aren't.
>
> This is probably a bug! They are what bug reports were invented for.

Thanks for the fast fix. I'll keep trying CVS.

-Amir