On 03/09/2011 12:45 PM, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
Il 08/03/2011 17:47, Charpentier Philippe ha scritto:
Le 08.03.2011 14:56, Richard Heck a écrit :
On 03/08/2011 02:34 AM, Philippe Charpentier wrote:
Hi
the following bug is present in the revision 37872: if I choose
"formated ref" for a cross reference, the package prettyref is loaded in the LaTeX preamble but the reference is traduced by \ref{...} instead of
\prettyref{...}.

No: with the french language and babel loaded, the form "prefix:label" will not compile on my system. As I said in a very old discussion, the only way to compile on all systems, is to modify prettyref.sty (replacing ":" by "|") and to use "prefix|label". This was possible with all previous versions of lyx and that is what I did in my french documents. Thus they will not compile correctly with lyx-2.0 if nothing is changed.

Just thinking aloud: again, this prettyref stuff that depends on user-specified prefixes doesn't really seem to me the right way to go . . . and this pointed out issue about the French language seems to confirm that prettyref may not be completely mature . . . so, that must be one of the reasons why refstyle is the default in the current trunk, but prettyref can still be used if one wants ?

Yes. We kept prettyref because lots of people have used and customized it in older documents.

I'm really not sure what to do here. We do NOT want to output uncompilable documents, and if prettyref does not see a : splitter (in its unmodified form), then it will choke. I understand why some people have modified prettyref themselves to deal with various problems, but how far can we go towards accommodating that?

Richard