On 04.05.2011 20:34, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 08:21:18PM +0200, Peter Kümmel wrote:
On 04.05.2011 19:38, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
- Missing ability to kill converters if they got stalled. You have to
   wait for a timeout and cannot kill them because they are in a thread
   of your same process.

I don't know if I understand this, but also processes created by
QProcess could be killed.

I was talking about the converters started for preview/export. They run
in a thread and don't appear in the task manager on Windows or in a
"ps -ef" on *nix. I was recently bitten by this and had to wait for
30 minutes before I could continue the work without killing lyx itself.
As bloat calls for other bloat, maybe a thread manager that allows to
forcibly quit stalled threads is in order :)

And in LyX 1.6 the converters where forked, so you could kill them?
I am innocent! ;)

Peter