On 16/08/2011 9:42 AM, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
Il 10/08/2011 18:24, Julien Rioux ha scritto:
On 06/08/2011 1:06 PM, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:

So, in the end, is there any chance to get this patch in ? I think that
most users will at least appreciate the "Edit" button in the image&
ext material dialogs (as witnessed by the corresponding bug in Trac).
Plus, only if they install empty samples in their .lyx folder then
they take advantage of the auto-file-creation feature.

In the case, what further changes/improvements would be needed, and when
would be a good time to commit ?

Personally, I would say that the "create new" feature is worthwhile,
but the sample template files should go to the wiki, so that it is not
in our hands to maintain and not bloating.

as said above: with the last rework, no empty sample files are needed to
be shipped with LyX. Only if the user wants, he/she can install a few
sample empty files in .lyx/samples, and activate the "create" feature.
Perhaps, one might want to install multiple empty samples, and choose
one of them in case more than 1 is detected to "match" with the file
extension (or chosen template type, in the case of external templates).

One sample file should be enough for now.

The other feature, automatic detection, seems to have problems though.

can you detail, please ? What "other feature" are you referring about ?
What problems are you experiencing ?

See Pavel's message in this thread.

Thanks,

Tommaso