On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 10:46:00PM +0200, Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> Am 15.10.2011 22:41, schrieb Enrico Forestieri:
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable#Local_to_process
>
> So it is only available while LyX is executed (as if I use the
> command "set" in a batch file). But then it is no prefix to an
> existing variable, but the variable itself. That was my initial
> point.

I'm giving up, but you should try yourself to answer the following
question. What happens if TEXINPUTS is already set in the environment
when LyX is launched?

> >>OK. But what about my other proposal?
> >
> > Which one?
>
> The grammar corrections of the announcement text, see my initial post.

I don't know what grammar errors you are referring to, and the announcement
was already made. Do you plan a time travel in the past?

--
Enrico