Am Mittwoch, 3. April 2013 um 20:28:59, schrieb Tommaso Cucinotta
<tomm...@lyx.org>
> On 02/04/13 10:28, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> >> I am not sure if it has anything to do with utf8. The expanded string looks
> >> like it is expanded for LaTeX. This looks quite wrong to me in context of
> >> searching. Why is this done?
> >
> > This is how advanced search works.
>
> Confirm. This is how the current implementation works. Nonetheless,
> alternative (and more efficient) implementations of the idea might be
> possible.
>
>       T.

I disagree (not confirming).

I want to find (as regular expression) the string "použiť". In tex, it looks
        "použi\v{t}".
But the searched string (as it is diplayed while filling the search form) it is
        "\regexp{pou\check{z} it\mkern-5mu\mathchar19\endregexp{}}".

It looks more, like it were interpreting mathematical input.

        Kornel