Dear all,

It seems that the current master has survived the Lyx Developer's Meeting and is still in good shape. Therefore, I intend to release the first beta of LyX 2.1 during the first weekend of June. In the meantime, the last topics can be finished, the documentation can be updated, the translations can be updated, and the release can be prepared.

From now on, I would like to freeze the current master and to only allow:
- important bugfixes, and
- a few remaining topics that are 'in flight'
(I will send a separate mail about which topics I know that are being prepared for LyX2.1)

Development of new features and/or fixes that can wait for LyX 2.1.x, or 2.2.0, can take place in the new features repository.

Please have a look at "http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX21"; and help to complete the list of new features as much as possible. Maybe Uwe would also appreciate some help to document the new features.

Depending on the feedback we get about this beta release, I will decide on whether there will be more betas, or we will jump to the final LyX 2.1 release.

Please let me know if you have any remarks.

Vincent