Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
> (I will send a separate mail about which topics I know that are being
> prepared for LyX2.1)

I plan to finish the cleanup of includes in our headers/cpp files.

Next thing I would like to do after string freeze is to go through all new
strings and check their correctness, shouldn't be much disruptive, but might
need one more release iteration for translators.

> Depending on the feedback we get about this beta release, I will decide on
> whether there will be more betas, or we will jump to the final LyX 2.1
> release.
>
> Please let me know if you have any remarks.

I didn't get whether by "jump to the final LyX 2.1" you mean release candidate
or 2.1 release. What I have seen in previous final releases is that you need
more iterations not just because of bugs but to let packagers fix *their*
issues, so just single beta and final release is not good idea in case you
meant it.

Also if you are heading towards final freezing it would be nicer if we know
the time schedule sooner than 2 weeks ahead.
Pavel