Am 30.01.2014 11:40, schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
30/01/2014 09:16, Jürgen Spitzmüller:
I do not like the fact that the criterium for adding things to chkconfig should
be Windows installation. In the long term, you should set up something for
this which does not affect other OSes.

Agreed. configure.py take 20 seconds on my iMac, just to work around a windows
installer deficiency.
This is nonsense.

Sorry, but it also takes less than 20 s seconds on Windows. You haven't understood the problem: it only only affects new installations of LyX. I now also found the reason. The download speed of CTAN's servers is nowadays limited to 65 kB/s so that downloading 68 MB takes more than 1000s and therefore a timeout is invoked.

And, don't forget that I added cbgreek as convenience for Windows users so it should be possible to remove it because of problems wit Windows.

regards Uwe