On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Do you prefer workflow as:
>>
>> new -> fixed in master -> fixed in master and stable -> closed(fixed)
>>
>> new -> fixed in stable -> closed(fixed)
>>
>> new -> fixed in stable -> fixed in master and stable -> closed(fixed)
>>
>> new -> fixed in master -> closed(fixed)

In the current workflow, we can't specify whether something is stable-only
or master-only (one has to guess from milestone).

If we do it like this:

  new -> fixed in master -> fixed in master and stable -> closed(fixed)
  new -> fixed in stable (stable-only) -> closed(fixed)
   new -> fixed in stable -> fixed in master and stable -> closed(fixed)
  new -> fixed in master (master-only) -> closed(fixed)

we have this info available.

Besides we can have a correct percentage in the roadmap.Then, "fixed in
master and stable", "fixed in stable (stable-only)", "fixed in master
(master-only)" all define the end-state, while "fixed in master", "fixed in
stable" do not. Otherwise, different milestones (stable or unstable) have a
different definition on what the end-state is.

Also, "fixed in stable (stable-only)", "fixed in master (master-only)" can
be merged into a single status: "fixed (this milestone-only)". If the bug
has a minor release milestone, it is branch-only, if it has a major release
milestone it is master-only.

new -> fixed in master -> fixed in master and stable -> closed(fixed)
new -> fixed in stable -> fixed in master and stable -> closed(fixed)
new -> fixed (this milestone only) -> closed(fixed)

Unfortunately, it is not (yet) possible to offer options only with respect
to the major/minor milestone set.

Vincent