On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 09:44:04PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> To say things differently, I searched without success for an
> application that uses a specific text color for selection _and_ is
> able to handle ligatures/kerning properly. Just try the str-metrics
> branch and play with selection and you will understand what the
> problem is.

I just tried it. I loaded an old document and searched for ligatures
such as "ff" or "fi" but everything I found does not seems to be a
ligature and I don't see any of the reported problems.

The text changes color only when "Use system colors" is selected, but
it suffices not doing that for avoiding it ;)

Even in this respect I don't see any difference with master, if not
for the fact that in the str-metrics branch the selection seems to
be slightly lagging behind the cursor.

Out of curiosity I then tried libreoffice and noticed that the selection
is very similar to the LyX way when "Use system colors" is not checked.

I used Qt 5.2.1 but I don't think it makes any difference.

--
Enrico