Salutations!

I have been using LyX since writing my master's thesis. Now I've used it for academic papers, coursework, my phd thesis and more. A big thank you to the development team, the software has saved me a lot of work and made writing academic documents much easier!

But, of course, there are always features I would like included and certain improvements that I can envision. I know c++ pretty well, and am curious if I would be able to make some contributions to the source code. But I have never participated in an open source project before, and the initial effort required to get involved is somewhat daunting... I tried to compile LyX from the source code, but I use a 64-bit Windows computer for work, and it seems like this platform is incompatible with the source code package from the web site.

Is there any possibility for packaging the source code so that it would work with Win64 and a collection of free (as in no-cost) software?

Regards,
Pål Næverlid Sævik, University of Bergen, Norway.