Dear LyXers,

after some months without time for LyX I want to re-join the development. Since my time is very limited I could not browse all the many mails in the list and therefore ask for the basic news:

- what is the timetable for LyX 2.2? In May me was told to stop adding new features. Now I see that there are constantly some smaller new features added. This is OK, I only want to know when there is a hard feature-freeze to start updating the docs. I would like to have a beta release short after the feature-freeze. During the beta and RC-cycle the docs will be updated because this usually takes some weeks.

- Will there be a code-freeze after that strings can still be changed?

- Who is the release manager for 2.2

- A request: could anybody please add all new features, also the small ones, to http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX22 This page is not up to date and it would help me a lot with the documentation. You know: an undocumented feature is an unused feature

Today I added my last feature for 2.2 - only a module improvement. I had 2 days time since a long time and could not resist ;-) And yes, it was fun to write a completely new manual for such an exciting feature like the fancy boxes. (I wished I had known this feature before.)

thanks and regards
Uwe