Am 24.10.2015 um 21:49 schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

Hmm we, as the experts, should not set the bad example. The fact that LyX's
docs don't use floats will be used by the unbelievers as an argument
against it.

The Math manual is the only one where floats are not used.

These tables are not allowed to float and there are too many with not enough text between them so that LaTeX's floating mechanism fails leading to a horrible output. As I wrote I once tried this for the Math manual - a nightmare! And setting all table floats there to the position H prevents floating and thus floats could then also be omitted.

regards Uwe