Op 24 okt. 2015 20:42 schreef "Uwe Stöhr" <uwesto...@web.de
<mailto:uwesto...@web.de>>:

 > But it still doesn't look as good as with \raisebox in my opinion.

The header and the line before the header are definitely better, and I would say that the line with the raisebox are too tall. It is subjective of course (from both of us). But a manual should just pick a good package and stick to it without adding fixes all over the place IMO.

 >> Yes, I would really propose that we use formal tables all over the
 >> documents.

 > OK, I will do this in the math manual when I find time.

Thanks. I understand that this requires time.

 > Note that the vast majority of the world's computer users are used to
Excel and Word tables and they are not formal. Even in many scientific
publications formal tables are not used. So for most users formal tables
are something special. I remember that I needed some time until I liked
them.

The vast majority of people are used to word/excel. I thought that the point of LyX was to advocate something better. I agree that publications that print whatever was sent by the will sport word-tables, but I can tell you that Springer Verlag, for example, will rewrite tables to be up to publishing standards.

I really think that formal tables should be given a very prominent place in the docs.