On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 01:25:25AM +0200, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 19.10.2015 um 07:47 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>
> >Is that code in the preample needed, Uwe?
>
> I use the same code in other manuals too. E.g. in the Math manual.

I object to those also :)
But since you are doing the work on the manuals, I think your opinion
should count for more.

> It is useful to save writing things like "section" all the time and one can
> change it easily to "sec." or whatever.
>
> >It would be nice to keep the
> >examples as clean as possible. This example file does not compile with
> >system fonts (using either XeTeX or LuaTeX).
>
> For me it compiles with pdflatex, XeTeX and LuaTeX.
>
> I don't understand why the same code compiles for you in the Math manual.

It compiles for me as well with pdflatex, XeTeX and LuaTeX with TeX
fonts. It does not compile with system fonts. If you are curious (no
need to do this now though), to see if it compiles for you with system
fonts, check the box "Use non-TeX fonts" and choose some fonts, e.g.
FreeSans.

This is not a big deal, but I think that the benefit of the preamble
code is not that great either so it is just a matter of which little
benefit is more than the other.

Scott