Guenter Milde wrote:

> Just to be sure we don't misunderstand: The question is about tests
> compiling the documentation "as-is" (i.e. with *TeX fonts*) using
> XeTeX.

Thanks for the clarification, I think we misunderstood. For XeTeX + TeX
fonts I agree.

> For me, Development.lyx compiles fine with XeTeX an and my patch, if I
> set "use non TeX fonts" to TRUE.

You are right, I forgot that.

> Please test again with a file that selects "non-TeX fonts". If in this
> case my patch exports in an ecoding other than utf8-plain, this is a bug.
> However, I did not experience this combination here.

I do not have one. What I missed was the initialization of the encoding to
utf8-plain in BufferParams::encoding(). Therefore I thought that the
encoding for non-TeX-fonts was now not correctly set anymore, and since
Development.lyx compiled again after my change I took this as a
confirmation. In the end, I made two mistakes which cancelled each other.

> Unfortunately, the case "XeTeX + fontspec" was not tested. The tests use
> XeTeX with unmodified documents and unless bug #... is solved this means
> they test the corner case XeTeX+TeX-fonts!

Therefore I think that adding a "default" setting for the fonts (first part
of #9744) is so important.

> I'll commit the patch for the patch and hope this will solve some more of
> the automatic XeTeX tests.

Please do. BTW, the braces around the equality comparison are not needed, so
to my eyes

if (!params().useNonTeXFonts && runparams.flavor == OutputParams::XETEX)

is more readable.

Georg