On 2015-11-19, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am 19. November 2015 um 20:49:57, schrieb Guenter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net>

>> > Moved to nonstandardTests

>> Why? It is on CTAN and in TeXLive and MikTeX and also has found a new
>> maintainer, see http://www.ctan.org/pkg/seminar.

> Because it does not work here. And I am pretty sure to have the newest
> TL15 installed.

> If something never works -> ignore
> if it works, depending on Moon -> nonstandardTests
> if everywhere not working, but known reason -> reverted
> if not working because of latex <-> font kombination -> suspended

I see. We need a category for tests that work at some places and don't work
at others.

However, the tag "nonstandard" implies that this is something "exotic" or
"optional" and we don't need to care much.

However, I do care for the proper working of the "seminar" module
(see seminar.layout for a reason ;-).
OTOH, I agree that this must not be solved now.

This makes it a perfect candidate for my original proposal of a
"suspended" category that is (temporariyl) ignored regardless of whether
the test fails or passes (i.e. just like "ignored" and "nonstandard").

I am not happy with the current meaning of the tag "suspended".
My suggestion would be to have the following categories and sub-categories:

* export              # we expect the export to succeed

* reverted            # we expect the export to fail (currently) for a known
                      # reason

    - correct fail    # we know the export fails for a good reason
                      # and want to test whether LyX correctly fails
                      # (e.g. pdflatex with non-TeX fonts or polyglossia)

    - fragile         # exports that may easily fail because of "critical"
                      # combination (e.g. XeTeX + TeX-fonts)

* ignored             # we don't care for the result and hence dont run
                      # these test cases

    - wrong output    # the output is wrong although export returns success.
                      # not LyX's foult, but e.g. incompatible packages.

    - nofix           # "historic" packages with bugs that prevent working
                      # with some export routes.

    - nonstandard     # requires packages or similar that are not on CTAN

    - suspended       # - non-LyX bugs that may be resolved (works depending on
                      #   TeXLive version).
                      # - problems that we currently cannot solve but want to.

The sub-categories are just for sorting the tests.
Behaviour would be the same for main categories:

* export:   return False if export fails
* reverted: return False if export succeeds
* ignored:  do not run

> #ctest -R examples/seminar
> gives:
>       The following tests FAILED:
>       2190 - NON_STANDARD.export/examples/seminar_pdf (Failed)
>       2191 - NON_STANDARD.export/examples/seminar_pdf2 (Failed)
>       2192 - NON_STANDARD.export/examples/seminar_pdf3 (Failed)
>       2193 - NON_STANDARD.export/examples/seminar_pdf4_texF (Failed)
>       2195 - INVERTED_SEE-README.ctest_export/examples/seminar_pdf5_texF
> (Failed)
> Errors while running CTest
> Only NON_STANDARD.export/examples/seminar_pdf5_systemF passes.

I.e. seminar fails in any valid use case (LuaTeX gives a corrupt PDF)!

This is something that should be solved, even if it is most probabely not a
LyX problem.

Thanks,

Günter