Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 10:40:01AM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
>
>> If I change it to use non-TeX fonts (to reproduce the *_systemF test), I
>> get
>>
>>   ! LaTeX Error: \begin{otherlanguage} on input line 360 ended by
>>   \end{itemize}.
>>
>> which for me is an indication of the known "language nesting" problem
>> with polyglossia.

Yep.

> I came to the same conclusion for this as well as others here:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=20151025042921.GA30789%40cotopaxi
>
> If you have an updated idea of which tests are suffering from the
> language nesting issue, we can post these tests on #9633 so that when
> someone has time to take a look, they will know where to start.

I know where to start (have reduced test documents locally). My plan is to
add these dedicated tests, put the non-working ones in the inverted list,
and then remove them from the inverted list in the same commit that fixes
the code. This will give a very good documentation of the change and makes
it easy for other to verify that the fix works.

Georg