Le 03/01/2016 23:57, Guillaume Munch a écrit :
Le 03/01/2016 22:26, Richard Heck a écrit :
If you want to update
it programmatically,

I thought this was your and Jean-Marc's idea. My only interest in this
is making sure that things are done in the correct way.

Yes, this is a suggestion that came up on the bug report. I still think that it is a good idea.

then you need to use lyx2lyx for that, since we're
updating a LyX file. prefs2prefs* are used to update ui, bind, etc,
files.

Then I misunderstood the comment about incrementing the lyx format
version at the same time as the lfun format. I thought the point of your
and Jean-Marc's "new idea" was to use prefs2prefs automatically from now
on inside lyx2lyx to update the info inset.

This is indeed what I proposed, but Richard then said that this should be done via lyx2lyx and a format update. The idea was that it is helpful for people who maintain their own documentation.

We can also change it for type="icon", which will affect many more
manuals as well, though this is superfluous given that the renaming hack
that was there before is still there. Maybe we should only bother
doing it if we decide to get rid of the renaming hack at some point.

Just let me know which you want. Easy both ways.

Let's not fix what is not broken, if people agree in this case. This
conversion can be done later by whoever gets rid of the icon name
conversion hack. Or I could use this occasion to get rid of the hack
entirely. Easy both ways :)

I would think that if we fix menu items, the same should be done to icons for consistency. And I'd be glad to see the icon names conversions hack(s) go away.