Dear list,

We need to reach a conclusion on this to open the way for beta. It seems
we have come a long way on this series of patches so it would be nice to
know whether people who have participated in the discussion and asked
for modifications let us know whether they intend to let me go ahead on
this or not (hoping a move to behind Gare de Lyon went smoothly).

For the two aspects raised by Jean-Marc, I have found that it comes down
to the assumption that after the patch, "inset-modify tabular" is only
meant for tabulars and not math grids. Indeed, the only way prefs2prefs
leaves a "inset-modify tabular" command behind is if before the patch it
started with "from_dialog", and therefore did not work with math grids
before. All other "inset-modify tabular" commands are issued by the
tabular dialog and meant for tabulars as well.

We have taken our time for this series of patches (including the
Christmas disruption) and it has gone through several iterations
including implementing new conversion policies, and also I have been
testing it in master since the beginning of this month without seeing
any particular issue (though I know the interest of having tests made by
other people than me). So I feel pretty confident about it.

Let's go ahead with solving #9794 and releasing beta.

Guillaume