On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 12:45:11AM +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> My question: what is the plan for LyX 2.2.0: Do we release with Qt 5.6 or
> not? Should I try out its beta version?

My opinion is that we should only use Qt 5.6 for the final LyX 2.1
release if we use Qt 5.6beta for LyX 2.1beta1. From what I understand,
using Qt 5.6beta would be complicated because it does not have the
binaries posted (or maybe it was that it doesn't support MSVC 2010?). Is
this true? If so, then it seems that we can't use 5.6beta for LyX
2.1beta1?

A separate point to consider is that Qt 5.6 is scheduled to be released
February 9th. This is a minimum release date, meaning I would not be
surprised if the final release date is significantly delayed.

I don't know if this is important, but a final point to consider is that
5.6 is a long-term release. It might be nice to keep the whole 2.2.x
series on 5.6.x.

Scott