Hello Uwe,

as you told, you have big problems in settings up clean build.
Therefore I've changed the build5-2010.bat file you added for building with MSVC2010.

This script now works with a double click, and builds LyX with MSVC2010 in a clean build directory.

Three pathes are hardcoded:
- Qt installation qt C:\Qt
- MSVC2010 installation in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC - and the deps at the same level as the LyX sources lyx20-deps-msvc2010-x86\deps20 (I disabled the automatic download)

I assume the pathes are the same on most systems.
You only have to unpack the deps-msvc2010-x86 folder once at the right place.

A simple double click creates the folder "build5-msvc2010" with
the LYX_INSTALLED files. Please use these files for you installer.

We should change this script until it also works for you.
The goal is that you don't have to touch it before you execute it.

I really hope this improves the current installer chaos.

Peter