>And to repeat myself, building the installer was never a problem,

Great! And it looks like necessary stuff is committet by you to the repository.
Ideally all files needed for the installer would be part of the repository, but
this would mean to add multiple MB of Windows binaries which is not an option.

Maybe we could think about a git submodle which could be checked out optionally.